[VAC] Re: Argosy Models

This is good information, Charlie. Answers some questions I have had.
You said 1979 was a change over year and that Airstream built three models
of the motor home -- the usual Argosy, a painted Airstream and the classic
silver bullet Airstream. Can you describe the painted Airstream further? Was
it a painted round style like the Argosy only called an Airstream? I have
never heard about a painted Airstream other than one the owner had painted
aftermarket. I don't think there could have been many "painted bullets"
unless they were painted silver and were pretty much indistinguishable from
the aluminum bullets. Any idea how many could have been manufactured?
Airstream production records seem to be either strictly proprietary or
strangely unavailable.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind