[VAC] Micky's gate to the monocoque?

Hi All,

While replacing rotted floor in both the '74 Argosy and the '69 Safari, I
noticed that section where the ends are joined to the main body typically
leaves a gap in the channel at the base of the monocoque.  This also happens
to be a typical area for floor rot.  As soon as the floor rots out, it
becomes a gateway into the monocoque.  This applies to both front and rear
of the trailer.  Once I opened the inner skin, the mice pathways were
obvious.

Using penetrating epoxy won't close the gate.  If the rodents can get inside
the belly of the trailer, they are in the monocoque and have access to the
whole trailer to do their thing.

Seems like a great idea to open the inner aluminum and block this pathway
with an aluminum sheet.

Another access point is where the wiring is routed up through the base
aluminum channel of the monocoque.  The '74 Argosy has this opening just
inside the streetside of the "A" frame.  The '69 Safari has this opening
outside the  "A" frame on the curbside.  Haven't decided how to block
access.  Is there something that mice and rats will avoid that I put around
this access point - like maybe a stainless scouring pad to keep the mice
from trashing the wiring?

                      '69 Safari
                      '74 Argosy
                       Joy