[VAC] Fantastic Fan installation questions

I was told emphatically to use the foam gasket and to let it sit a couple of
days after installation before applying the Vulkem.  The purpose of waiting
was to let the little air bubbles out of the foam.   The closed cell foam is
actually very water proof all by itself.  After waiting I applied a fillet
of Vulcem large enough to adhere to the side of the plastic flange and the
top of the trailer.  Where the foam had squeezed out I trimmed it before
applying the Vulkem.  I also covered the top of each screw with Vulcem.
This appears to be working fine.

One reason to not use Vulcem between the flange and the trailer is that
someone may have to remove or replace that fan some day and it may be you.
Vulcem is so tenacious that using it to bond the two parts could result in a
real difficult removal.

I used stainless steel screws.

Incidentally the trim I got initially was flat and did not fit the contour
of the ceiling of the Airstream.  I had ordered Airstream trim and they
shipped the correct trim to me Fed Ex.  There is definitely a difference.

Good luck with your installations.

Dick
'62 Bambi