[VAC] Re: I quit!

Tim

I've got a 1959 that I just did a 4800 mile trip with and no problems.  So
yes it is very possible to have a trailer that is trouble free.  The key is
you really have to keep on top of the maintenance.  Once all systems are
gone over and fixed, they will be reliable.  You should expect old
appliances to fail at some point, unless you replace now.

I find my trailers to be more of a hobby.  I've been were you are, you
discover something and think it will be impossible/expensive to fix, then
you walk away from it and as you think about it suddenly it gets easier to
fix.  Plumbing is one of the easier fixes.  Messy, but easy.

My biggest fustration was with polishing - spent many many hours on the 59
and when it was done had lots of swirl marks (that I could see) and if
someone had come along and given me a $100 for it I would have taken it.
We took the trailer camping and it was a people magnet  - got lots of
comments on how beautiful it looked - and I had a blast - with renewed
interest.  Now after several years of annual "maintenance polishing" the
swirl marks are minimal and it looks great.

So hang in there - after all we are having fun - aren't we?

Ken Johansen
5359
59 Traveler
75 Tradewind