[VAC] Re: Sagging coach /frame / floor repair

Hi-
I`m starting to cut out the rear floor in my 63 flying cloud , in the pattern
making part before I get any farther . I`m wondering if it would be a stronger
repair if the whole 4 ` sheet in back was done . I could get away with just
cutting away enough to weld in a new cross piece 2` back  , might go in easier ,
but hey, I`ve gotten this far , I could paint more of the top of frame and have
all new wood , I`ve got a whole sheet . I`m thinking that the 4 ` length plywood
in two pieces with a seam in middle will help take some of the weight off the
frame and stiffen the assembly , rather than piecing it in and fiberglassing the
joint further towards the bumper . Anyone have an opinion ?
   The light weight design of the frame back there looks like it can use all the
help it can get , I`m also wondering if adding a reinforcement under it would
help things some , as was done in 64 on models , or the longer ones I`ve seen
anyway .
  Has anyone been there , done that ?
  Chris 63 flexable flyer