[VAC] OLD AIRSTREAM CARAVAN FILMS ON DVD

   The Vintage Airstream Club (VAC), an intra-club of the
Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI), proudly
announces a new Vintage Airstream Club product, nine old
Wally Byam Airstream Caravan movies on Digital Video Disc
(DVD).  The two disc DVD set, "Airstream Caravan Movies on
DVD," will officially be released at the Second Annual Rocky
Mountain Rally of the Vintage Airstream Club held in Estes
Park, Colorado from August 7 to 10, 2002.  The price is
$40.00 for the two disc DVD set.

   The title, year made, and running time in
(minutes:seconds) for each color movie in this DVD set is:

1.  Building Dreams is our Business (1968) (19:02)
2.  Mexico Caravan (1956) (23:33)
3.  Capetown to Cairo (1959-60) (47:57)
4.  Around the World Caravan, S.E. Asia (1963-64) (23:07)
5.  Around the World Caravan, India Part I (1963-64) (22:44)
6.  Around the World Caravan, India Part II (1963-64)(23:00)
7.  Around the World Caravan, Middle East (1963-64) (23:16)
8.  Around the World Caravan, Europe (1963-64) (23:29), and
9.  Guatemala (1966) (24:53).

    You no longer have to buy and restore a vintage 16 mm.
film projector and struggle with an old roll-up movie screen
to enjoy the exciting Airstream Caravans of yesteryear.
Experience firsthand in the comfort of your Airstream, or at
home, 3 hours and 51 minutes of trailer travel in the "old
days" as Wally Byam and his adventuresome band of
Caravanners conquer the world in their rugged Airstreams.
Narration by Jose Ferrer, Vincent Price and Ricardo
Montablan complete the period touch that whisks you back to
the Golden Years of caravanning.  All movies are in color,
but due to the inexpensive original master film stock used
movies 3 to 8 above, their color permanently has shifted to
magenta (but you will enjoy them nonetheless).

   The two disc DVD set is also available by mail in the USA
for $40.00 plus $2.00 for first class postage and
packaging.  U.S.A. residents may mail a check or money order
for $42.00 payable to the "Vintage Airstream Club" to:

Linda Moore
VAC Treasurer
131 Castle Hill Road
P.O. Box  4173
Windham, NH  03087

along with your name and mailing address.  The DVD set will
be mailed to you beginning the week of August 12th, 2002.
If you absolutely have to be the first on your block to own
this educational DVD set, come join the VAC at our Rocky
Mountain Rally next week and buy one in person.

   We have experienced some problems getting older Toshiba
brand computers to play similar DVD discs, but otherwise
they seem to play well on most every DVD player or DVD drive
equipped computer configured to operate in the U.S.A.
Compatibility with non-USA DVD formats is an unknown yet
to be determined.  If you live outside the U.S.A, you
probably already know more about compatibility or
noncompatibility than we do.  Please contact Fred Coldwell
at Agrijeep@qwest.net to discuss DVD compatibility with, and
postage charges to, other countries.

   If you have a question concerning payment, please contact
VAC Treasurer, Linda Moore, by E-mail at
MooreLinda@prodigy.net or by regular mail at her address
above.

   We hope you enjoy this latest benefit provided by the
Vintage Airstream Club!

Fred Coldwell
VAC Archive Historian