[VAC] Plumber's putty

If the putty is not rock hard mineral spirits helps to dissolve it.  I found
that once I broke through the hard stuff on top it was quite soft
underneath.  For the hard stuff I cut about 8 inches of 5/16 inch dowel and
sharpened it to a dull point in my pencil sharpener.  I used that to
carefully push on chunks till they came loose.  The same sticks worked even
better on all the miscellaneous stuff people had used to seal every
imaginable place.  Good luck.

Dick
'62 Bambi