[VAC] More pics of shell off floor replace project 58 18ft Traveler...we got the shell back on at last!

Hiyer Airstream people :)

Thought you might be interested in seeing the current state of affairs
re our 58 Traveler belly pan replace, chassis rebuild/weld and new
floor.

It has taken 4 months weekends and evenings so far...

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si
=williamhenshall&perpage=28&sort=2&cat=500&user=155

If this one doesn't work (you might have to enter this in 2 halves as
email often puts a line break in long urls...) try this next one and
click on williamhenshall link

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&thumb=1

This is a photo essay of the trials and tribulations of this project so
far. I probably have another 2 months to go before we can consider it
done enough to use.

Talk about "don't try this at home folks..."

Well I did...and...I wouldn't recommend it;-) Seriously...

This is a MAJOR task and once you have started you have to continue to
do the whole thing, a bit like you can't be a little bit pregnant.

When the shell is off it is like a big 400lb wobbly fragile board. One
false move and it will get twisted and damaged. I am lucky it is still
ok after several tricky situations.

It *is* satisfying to have had the whole thing to pieces and to be at
the final stages of getting it all back together. But it has taken me
nearly all my spare time to get it to this stage. Luckily the wife
understands (er, well mostly)!!

Cheers to all

Will Henshall

PS I have been building a very detailed web site for the records as I
went along too. I will let everyone know the URL in due course.