[VAC] '56 Safari Floor Repair

Hi all,
I've been lurking and learning since October when I bought a great '56
Safari from the guy who wrote and directed the "Airstreamers: An American
Family" video. Nice guy. (Threw in a video with the trailer)

I'm at the beginnings of a complete refurbish. The orig stove/oven,
Panel-Ray furnace and electric/ice-box  Kelvenator fridge are in stellar
condition, so I'll clean 'em and use 'em. Most of the cabinets are in
refinishable condition, too. I plan on keeping our future retirement home as
original looking as possible but will add a few hidden conveniences as time
and the checking account allow: air conditioner under the dinette, microwave
hidden somewhere, updated plumbing with black & grey tanks, etc., updated
wiring to handle updated stuff (hairdryer for the Mrs., DVD player for rainy
days...). I have a professional painter ready to spray new Zolatone, but
first...

I've fixed all leaks (I hope!) and am now ready to repair the rotted floor.
It's real bad in the front and rear and spoungey by the door. I've removed a
couple of the inside panels and can see what lies ahead of me.
<heavy sigh>
I've read floor rot horror stories and am expecting a battle, but am
wondering:
1) This floor repair epoxy stuff... just how good is it? And is my floor
just too trashed to use it?
2) Is the plywood 3/4" or 5/8"  or does it really matter? (I know
marine-grade exterior plywood is a must!)
3) What should I use as spacers to prevent the shell from sagging when I
pull a floor section out? (Plan on making some out of plywood, but is there
a better solution?)
4) Any tips? I'm reasonably mechanical and have decent tools but I'm new to
trailer stuff and will be doing most of the work alone or under the critical
eye of my all-knowing neighbors. (For my kid's sake, I don't want to look
too dumb!)

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'll probably be an expert when it's all
finished, but if there's a way not to learn everything the hard way, I'll
take it!

Steve Lewis
WBCCI #9943 (as of June)
'56 Safari