[VAC] Re: Window treatments

Hi everyone,

I've been agonizing for weeks on how to get blinds to stay against the
walls. I wasn't so bothered about them conforming all the way as long as
the bottom was against the wall. The blinds we bought were paper roller
blinds as opposed to slatted blinds. They have 2 cords that extend from
the back down to the bottom and back up to the front top, these are what
rolls them up.

We had decided on shock cord stretched along the bottom of the window to
hold the blinds but I forgot to get some for the third trip in a row to
the trailer. Sheila told me I had to put them up anyway and forget about
my anality for now so up they went. Lo and behold, the roll 'em and roll
'em back down again cords lined up perfectly with the window catches, I
just extend the blind to the bottom of the window and loop the cords
behind the catches ('72 Tradewind) and they stay perfectly in place.

The blind mechanism is standard in all of this type of roller blinds, if
you're A/S is older and doesn't use the same catches you could do the
same thing by screwing in a couple of small hooks or even those stick on
Xmas light hooks applied upside down if you don't want to drill more
holes.

The blinds we bought look really nice, they are rice paper with grass
embedded and we got them from World Market, not sure how local this
store is but most ethnic housewares stores and probably Target have
them.