[VAC] Re: Seized Tongue Jack

Squirt lots of WD-40 or Liquid Wrench inside the jack from around the
shaft where it enters the top housing until it runs out the bottom.
After it frees up, annual lubing with spray lithium grease will keep it
smooth running.

Replacing isn't too simple.  Atwood has increased the diameter of the
housing slightly, so you have to enlarge the hole in the tongue, and
they've cheapened the handle by making it out of thin steel with a
plastic handle.  UV will destroy the handle within 5 years I bet.  I
transferred my old handle to the  body on the new jack I installed on
the Flying Cloud (old jack post was bent).  I'll add the images to  the
website as a "how to" I guess - probably within the next few weeks.

RJ
'57 Flying Cloud
'65 Caravel
VintageAirstream.com