[VAC] Re: mattresses, water tank repair and gray water...

1)    4" foam - in various densities (i prefer the 'hardest' foam for
sleeping) - is available at some of the larger 'fabric' places (Reno, NV has
a couple of good ones, for example), in large sheets which may be cut to
size. Dense foam is easy to shape, using a - get this - an electric carving
knife.
Some people have zippered covers made for foam cushions... i prefer to use
fabric 'batting' (sort of like cotton) over the foam, fabric over foam and
batting, then staple the fabric to the plywood backing (roll some batting
over the edges of the plywood, too). I also like to cut the edge between the
back of the couch and the seat of the couch at an angle, so that when in the
bed position, the edges sort of overlap.

2)    I recently used some JB Weld on a similar type fracture (hot water
reservoir of an under-sink hot water heater) and it seems to be holding
well.

3)   Someone else will have to answer this, since i don't remember the '67
plumbing arrangement. Draining gray-water onto the ground is a no-no, even
at campgrounds with no sewer hookups - however, one trick used by some is to
place a 5-gallon bucket under the graywater drain, with a number of holes
drilled into the bottom of the bucket... I'm not advocating this practice,
just mentioning it as an historical footnote...

Tuna