[VAC] vintage tow vehicles

We talk a lot about trailers...logically.  We talk about tow
vehicles...logically.  However the tow vehicle talk usually is about new or
newer tow vehicles. (I've only been a member of the list for about 6 months)
Due to the word "vintage" surrounding the club and e-mail list - I am
wondering if a few questions on vintage tow vehicles might be okay?
Logic (to me anyway) suggests that no two tow vehicles are alike - for many
reasons - some due to the manufacturer and many due to the owner.
As vehicles get older....they get more subjective....having endured lots of
use and often a series of owners...each with their own list of (or lack of)
maintenance and operation objectives.  Also - one has to keep in mind that
the older a vehicle is....the older it's design engineering is and use
characterics are.
Having said that...hopefully to offer that I sort of have a clue...
I've collected a series of old vehicles with an eye towards eventually using
one or more as vintage theme tow vehicles - not putting 10's of 1000's of
miles on them...but to use periodically as tow vehicles  with one of my old
trailers - when I'm in the mood to leave the modern hauler in the garage.
There are a million ways to update older vehicles - with great logic.
I have a question that relates to keeping one of my old station wagons
original.
Is anyone out there still towing (or used to tow) a trailer with a 50's era
Buick equipped with a Dynaflow transmission?
When they were new - they were state of the art - in terms of smoothness.
The smoothness - as I understand it - was in part due to designed-in
slippage of one type of another.  I am wondering  - with all their designed
in smoothness...if they held up under high heat towing conditions?
I'm trying to decide whether to set my 1956 Buick Century station wagon up
for towing - or whether to go with of my other vehicles -
an early 60's Dodge station wagon equipped with a factory 4 - speed manual
transmission.
One of my favorite International Caravan photos shows a 50's Buick/Airstream
combo in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I'd be curious how they
managed?

Any thoughts?  Thanks.  RL

1936 Mystery
1941 Kozy Coach
1951 Custom pop-top
19?? Airstream -  to be determined
1980 Avion 34.5
1956 Buick Century wagon -322 V8/Dynaflow
1964 Dodge 440 wagon - 426 Streetwedge/4-speed  (if you are interested in
Mopars - http://www.1962to1965Mopar.ornocar.com/mcfarland64.html )
1977 Mercury Colony Park - 460/Select-Shift
2001 Toyota Tundra - 4.7/Automatic