[VAC] Re: '74 Argosy Tire information

Hi RJ,

Unfortunately, I have no information on the diameter of the original 700-15.
Only the current diameter of the Carlisle.  The 700-15 bias ply seems to be
an orphan size that has grown from it's original size.  Possibly, the radial
is more in line with the original 700-15?

The tires on the trailer when I got it were 700-15 and I think they are
three different brands and C and D load ranges.  In fact, one was a tube
type!  I didn't check the clearance on the rear wheel well lip, the tire
rotated without drag.  The Carlisle didn't drag when the tire was off the
ground.  However, when I dropped the axle to the ground, there might be 1/32
clearance on the street rear lip and 1/8 on the curb rear lip.  The Carlisle
are just to close for my peace of mind.  Even a small pebble in the tread
could do lots of damage.

Still a few days to change the order for the Goodyear Marathons.  Keep the
information coming.

                                 Thanks, '74 Argosy, Joy