[VAC] Re: '74 Argosy Tire information

Greetings Joy!

I can't speak for what your '74 Argosy may have been equipped with, but
my '78 Argosy Minuet came from the factory with bias ply Goodyear ST
tires (I don't remember the model name of the tire and the trailer is
over 100 miles away at Ace Fogdall RV having some maintenance work).  I
purchased the Minuet from the original owner earlier this month and the
original spare tire and wheel (which have never been on the ground) were
included with the trailer.  My local Goodyear dealer checked the
measurements of my original spare and fitted the little rig with a new
pair of Goodyear Marathons (P205 75 R15 ST Load Range C).  I had no
reservations with this decision as I have had Marathons (P235 75 R15 ST
Load Range D) on my '64 Overlander since 1999, and have been totally
satisfied.  I agree with Scott and Ed - - be sure that you have a
quality tire of proper weight rating and replace at 5-year intervals for
safety.  I also check inflation on a regular basis and carry a 110 volt
Air Compressor to air the tires whenever I am staying in a full-service
campground - - and also use it prior to departing the International
Rally each year.

Good luck with solving your tire dilemma!

Kevin Allen

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359