[VAC] Tires on single axle

I have what has got to be the worst case scenario as far as a single axle
Airstream goes. I have a 26 footer with a single axle. It has been in my
family for the last 42 years and has been used extensively. The tires have
never posed a problem. Perhaps our good fortune is due to clean living, but
here is some practical advice.
    1. get good tires - don't go cheep.
    2. make sure they are rated for the weight.
    3. keep them properly inflated.
    4. replace them after 5 years, even if there is plenty of tread left.

While we have never experienced a blow out, a friend has. The trailer
handled admirably.

Scott