[VAC] tires on single axles

Our trailer came with the worst pair of mismatched tires imaginable.  We
drove directly to the nearest dealer and purchased the only trailer tires he
had:  Carlisle radial  ST 175  80 R 13

These tires seem to perform just fine but now that the trailer is starting
to shape up I am thinking about new rims, tires and baby moon hubcaps.  I
saw that at least one Bambi owner went up to 14 inch rims.  There appears to
be room in the wheel wells.   I think the bigger rims and tires might look a
little better plus this would raise the trailer a little which I would like.
What do I need to know before I make this change?  Is this a mistake for
reasons that are not apparent?  Should I be looking at higher profile bias
ply tires instead?

Molly if you learn anything about run-flat tires please let us know.

Dick
'62 Bambi