[VAC] '74 Argosy tire problems . . .

Hi All,

I opted to get the Carlisle 700-15 bias ply trailer tires for my Argosy.
After mounting, I noted that I have near "0" clearance behind the tag axle
and the wheel well  housing - like I now see that previous tires have left
the tread marks on the aluminum.  Seems that this is a long term problem and
not necessarily due to the new tires.  I have the tires at 60 pounds as
recommended on the sidewall of the tires.  Since it's a tandem, I could drop
the pressure to 40 or so pounds and still retain the load bearing of the
tire except for the additional sidewall heating - not good!

Anyway, the question is concerning adjustment of the tag axle.  Is there
forward and rear adjustment for the axle.  It seems to me that there should
be some adjustment to allow for alignment.  I'm reluctant to cut out the
wheel well to give lots of clearance for the tire.  There's about 5 inches
from the front of the wheel well to the tire, about 5 inches between the
front and tag tire, and near "0" between the rear of the wheel well and the
tire! :(

Any suggestions will be welcomed even if it is to replacement of the tires.
However, these tires are the replacements for the original tires on the
Argosy.

Thanks for any help.

                                                      '74 Argosy, Joy