[VAC] Re: Disc Brakes

I would be abit cautious of the capacity of the disc
brakes sold by Northern Tool, I don't see any mention
of bearing size, you'd need to know that to make sure
they matched your spindles. There is a company called
Kodiak that makes a nice looking, high rated disc
system, don't know how many$$$$. The distributor in
SoCal is Century Tire and Wheel. Actuation of the disc
used to be done on the 70's Airstreams with a
Vacuum/Hydraulic unit, not available anymore and what
parts are left are very expensive, the altenative is a
device made by the same company (AUSCO) that originaly
made the hydraulic unit, they now make a
electric/hydraulic, works off the same brake control
you now use for your electric brakes.
Technical statements claim 30%+ more braking than
electric brakes.
Greg Paulsen