[VAC] Re: ntro/needs help

First I want to say Hi and I really enjoy reading this list...

I happen to think some spice makes a list interesting.  One with no
controversy gets old and dies fast.  I love hearing interesting opinions
even if I don't agree...I've been known to change my mind!!!

We have owned an airstream, '67 22' Safari, 8 days now and learn something
new each time we take something else apart and we are down to the nuts and
bolts now. This was our plan. We wanted to get one to gut and redo.

We saw some rust on the back bumper area and with closer inspection, and
today, removing the belly pan we found the pan that holds the  holding tank
about rusted away.  But we did find that the rust stopped there and that the
rest of the frame looked good and the axel is good so we will deal with
that.  If anyone is curious and wants to see more than you'd be intersted in
they can go to:
 http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/end.htm
These pix are there so I can refer a guy I'm talking to about fixing it.
Oh...the trailer was only $300 so we expected to put something into
it....but we didn't see or feel any rot on the floor anywhere when looking
at it.  My better pictures are at:
http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/dewdrop.htm

That's really not my question tho!!!  I'm just whining there....thanks for
letting me get it off my chest. I can't believe how I'm getting attached to
this big ole' chunk of aluminum!!!

Todays problem is:  how do we get the shower fiberglass unit off the drain
pipe?  We got everything out of the bath just fine but can't figure out the
secret of getting to the drain.  We have undone all the rivets and water
connections. Maybe we just have arms that are too short.  Surely you
wouldn't have to remove the exterior panel would you?

I am refinishing the fiberglass units and changing the color from "urine"
yellow to capucino brown with epoxy paint and I could do it in place but it
would be easier in the workshop where the rest of the items are.

I'm sure I will have other questions but we are really impressed with how
this thing is made.

Lexxey...in GA[If I ever accidently put my website...It's just to show off
and not ever to sell... I hate spam]