[VAC] Re: Trip report

Ken,  I always towed our 26 foot Overlander in direct drive in the mountains
and even shifted it down moreso on hills, etc.  However I ran in overdrive
on all the downhills and flats.  That way you are probably keeping it down
to 2200 RPMs.  As I recall your trailer is a 22 foot which should be a
little lighter.  I think if you have an engine oil cooler and transmission
cooler you will be ok.  I always tryed to change my oil at regular intervals
like every 3000 miles or so.  I even tryed to really treat her good and use
synthetic oil which immediately leaked out every possible gasket and seal.
So I put 10w40 Pensoil back into it.  Ofcourse you know it was burning a lot
oil by 260,000 miles but you really don't notice it that much with the
diesel.  Now I have the 5.7 liter gas Sub but it doesn't sit on the road  as
nicely as the old diesel because it's much lighter.  The old diesel put a
lot of soot in the Airstream from the tailpipe which my wife didn't care
for!

Have you used any bio-diesel yet.  I like the idea of burning used cooking
oil.  I'm hoping Chevy will get that new diesel in the Suburbans soon.

Happy dieseling! GAS