[VAC] Rusted venthood

My stove vent hood (fan) is suffering from criss-crossed conditions,
un-natural feelings and rust. Is there a possibility that salvation and
redempion can be attained, or is the iniquitious rust condeming this vent
hood to the trash?!?
Maybe I can piggy-back good tin to the less rusted areas and double plate
it? How important (often used) is this assembly? I can make efforts to seal
the vent stack, or eliminate the assembly and create more storage.
tod47d PA.CA.GA.IN. (basically in that order)goin'to FL.(Oct.) '67
Safari
22'