[VAC] Rusted venthood

Todd, the kitchen vent fan in my ' 68 Tradewind was also rusted but not all
the way through -- no holes. I sanded off the worst of the rust, spray
painted it with the conversion paint that turns rust into iron oxide (or
something?) and then sprayed it with a cream colored appliance paint from
Home Depot. It came out looking nice. I installed it again after replacing
the bottom of the overhead storage cabinet above the stove and sink which
had rotted out from the same water leak. Works fine and looks pretty much
original.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind