[VAC] Bambi awning

I made a 9-foot by 10-foot awning for my Globetrotter for about $30, using
Sunbrella fabric I got on Ebay, and a grommet kit from the hardware store.
Someone on this list suggested putting hooks on the awning rail, so the
awning can be easily removed. It seems to work fine. I just drilled holes in
the awning rail that are big enough to hold one end of a 1" "S" hook. The
grommets on the top edge are spaced to match the hooks. I use tarp poles and
nylon line (or a tree, if available) to hold up the outer corners. I think
I'll remove the awning for long trips, but it can be bundled up and tied in
place - it just looks a little goofy!
Kathy Fisken