[VAC] replacing awning fabric

I am working out the details of how to replace the
fabric on my Faulkner awning.  It appears that one of
the caps on the ends of the roller tube will have to
be removed in order to remove/install the edge of the
fabric.  The cap is held in place by three unusual
pieces of hardware that seem to be rivets.

I think I can get these off (hey, I'm good at taking
stuff apart!).  But, I've learned to stop before I
chop.  Where do I get new ones?  Are they actually
rivets?  How are they installed?

Does anyone know?

Many thanks,

Jon in SC