[VAC] Re: Wire nuts

Randy,

If I'm not mistaken the *code* says not to twist these wires together
but to place them "together" inside the wire nut and then twist the nut
onto the side-by-side wires.  This makes for a better and tighter
connection if I can visualize this in my mind correctly.  In this way
the entire side of each wire will be laying against the other making a
better contact and the threaded screw will make it's own threads on the
outside of each wire making the connection tighter and tighter as the
wire nut is screwed down onto the wires.

For what it's worth that is the way I've done it since "I read it
somewhere that said ... "  I know both methods described by you and me
will work and I really don't know if any tests were ever done to see
which method works best.  The voltages we work with on our units is not
much when compared to a whole house wiring.

Tom in NC