[VAC] Wire nuts

Let me just add something that I know would save a life if I could reach
everybody.  More important than gel coating and liquid tapes is to make sure
that when you use wire nuts, that you use the right size!  If the nut is too
small, you will likely twist one wire deep into the nut and the other will
be backed out, or partially backed out leaving only a few strands of the
intended gauge wire touching each other.  The result is that this thin
connection will get very hot because it can not handle the AMPS and will
start to melt the nut and insulation around the wires.  Make sure that you
start with enough bare wire and twist the bare wires together (clockwise) to
form a nice point where both wires will fit into the nut.  The rest of the
waterproofing techniques are worthless without good connections.
Randy