[VAC] wire nuts

You appear to be facing a Marine application issue (as in "on water" not the
"Semper Fi" Marines. The moisture and corrosives from the road make this
similar to saltwater boat applications.  After greasing, wire nutting,
taping wires together at the base of the wirenut I'd caulk the wire nuts on
the inside. Ive seen this on many sea going vessels exposed to the harshest
conditions. But defer my thimble full of  expertise to our electric voodoo
guru, Gerald, and his bucket! tod47d@hotmail.com