[VAC] Re: Condensation drain for Air Condioner?

Hi,
    I built a trestle (2 x 4 x 10' uprights, with a diagonal brace) for one
side of our TW and put 2 x 12's across from the carport roof. After spending
several week-ends on our Bay Breeze, inside and out, having a worry-free
platform to work on was well worth the effort of building it. It would be
very difficult to work on an a/c unit without putting a foot wrong
somewhere, let alone manhandling a replacement.

    The inside half of the unit was full of crud and bits of crumbling foam.
It just needed a careful cleaning out to let the condensate run down the
drain freely. We used new foam to fill the spaces between the evap coils and
the ceiling (it forces the air throught he coils and stops things rattling
around). Sealed refrigeration units seldom fail unless left discharged- all
ours needed was a new fan motor and capacitors, plus some sheet metal and
hardware to replace the original rusty steel. Oh, and new wire for the
switch to replace the piece with a screw through it.

    OBTW- can anyone describe how the black water tank should be supported?
Ours had two rusty straps under it, which didn't work right. There's no
steel pan under it. It's sitting on the ground while I grumble about
quick-and-dirty repairs and await inspiration.

    Robin Leigh
    65 TW, JAX.