[VAC] Advice re trailer damage

Hi, All,

I knew I'd be turning to you all for help, but I didn't think it would be
so soon, or for such a reason!  My brand-new-to-me '68 Safari is parked at
a storage place here in Sacramento, and they just called me to say that
they have run a forklift into it and and punctured its side!  It's about a
12" gash, deep enough to show the insulation (I haven't seen it for myself
yet). I'm sick about it, but I want to keep my wits about me and figure out
what exactly I should fight to have them do in the way of compensation.
That's where I'm hoping you folks with experience can help me.

The storage yard, of course, has insurance, and apparently he's been
calling around to see about repairs.  He's contacted Manteca Trailer in
Manteca CA (Andy, anyone else, know anything about this place?)  Do I try
to get them to replace the whole panel?  Will that cost so much that
they'll say it's totalled?  Or let them do a patch and then compensate me
for the decreased value - if so, how much?  Are there any other options?
The trailer is in beautiful shape, and I want to do what's best for it.
Any thoughts whatsoever would be most welcome!

Thanks!  (It makes me feel a little better just to unburden myself of this
catastrophe!)

Amanda
-Injured '68 Safari