[VAC] Re: '74 Argosy Electrical Problems . . .

Hi Joy,

From what I've read in the Escapees magazine, it sounds like Dish Network is
most RV friendly when it comes to getting the basic network channels.  Not
having had Direct TV, my only knowledge is from the magazine.

With our Dish Network service, we have both east and west networks at no
additional charge on top of our basic (least expensive) plan.

We use the dish with our Snowbird Airstream and will never go back to a roof
mounted antenna.  We don't use the Dish service with our Safari or Flying
Cloud because we don't carry a TV in them.

When I first started using the Dish and aiming it at the satellite, my
set-up time was around 10 minutes (sometimes longer). Now that I think I
know what I'm doing, it seldom takes more than 2-3 minutes. When I'm real
lucky, I can merely look at the sky, set out the dish (with a cavalier
flourish) and get a 90% lock on the satellite. Small things like that please
me immensely.

As for the campgrounds that charge for cable, they may get my money once
(especially if my arrival time is late in the day) but I'll never return
there again. Whether it's true or not, my gut feeling is that campgrounds
who "nickle and dime me" are not interested in the fact that I'm fully
capable of taking care of my own TV needs.

Instead, I believe they have chosen this ruse (cable fee) as a way to raise
their price without advertising a price hike. To me, that seems dishonest
and manipulative. My response is to walk away. All of us have our little
quirks.

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@mac.com