[VAC] Re: Rest Area "Camping"

We've had no problems with this, even have some "favorite" rest areas that
we plan on pausing for the first & last nights of some long trips out. Good
spots can be tourist "welcome centers" that serve free coffee in the
morning, have maps, brochures, weather reports, etc. Don't worry about
overstaying your welcome- Consider yourself lucky that you can just climb in
back, and get a decent nights' sleep.
Usually, I find, that the later you pull in, the less selection for parking
you find. It is not ideal to be right between two idling diesels, but not
either in the area where lots of people come & go during the night to use
the facilities. Of course, basic precautions include locking the doors,
having cell phone & flashlight handy. I have thought of having pepper spray
handy, but have not gotten any. If someone where to bother us, I could also
use the trucks' alarm panic button. But we have not had any threatening
incidents, whether in crowded or isolated areas.
Oh, and don't let any fluids onto the ground from your drains.
Jere Potter
Ft Collins, CO