[VAC] Re: ubber Propane Line Advisory and Frequency of Replacement

Greetings Noah!

This is definitely one of the maintenance items that is easy to
overlook.  I hadn't thought about the lines on my '64 Overlander until
one of the rigs parked in the Vintage area at the Dayton International
blew a hose as you describe.  The owners weren't at home, but fellow
VAC'ers quickly shut down the propane system.  The camaraderie at a
WBCCI/VAC event is certainly reassuring - - this year, there were
numerous instances where awnings and flags were rescued by quick
thinking neighbors when strong winds threatened during this year's
International.  My awnings and flags were saved by a quick thinking
neighbor in the VAC area when sudden strong winds blew up on two
different afternoons.  I know that the awnings should not be left
deployed when away from the trailer, by my two Chihuahuas needed the
shade that was provided on those hot afternoons.

My main concern at this point is just how often these hoses should be
replaced.  My hoses are now nearly 4 years old, and I am wondering if
they should be replaced on a 5- or 6-year interval along with my trailer
tires?

Kevin Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
WBCCI/VAC #6359