[VAC] Re: galvanic action

Thanks for responding.  I am in the process of replacing a number of blobs
of rust that used to be galvanized screws.  I hope everyone on the list
knows that stainless fasteners are readily available and very cheap compared
to almost anything else we do to indulge our aluminum habits.

The aluminum oxide I bought is a white paste made for use on the skin, for
example to block out the sun.  It is creamy, not abrasive,

I don't understand what you mean by "will punch holes in the aluminum
oxide".  Do you mean this in a good way as in it polishes the oxidized
aluminum or in a bad way as in it will eat holes in your Airstream?  Or are
you refering to the abrasive quality of the aluminum oxide used for sand
paper.

Thanks again,

Dick
'62 Bambi