[VAC] Re: Olympic rivets

Dick-

I used a BUNCH of the Olympic Rivets with the washers, in many places all
over my coach, without Vulkem. I hadn't heard the Vulkem idea in those days.
I am a bit sparing with the stuff as it's hard to come by in my part of the
world -- off the web or mail order only, so I've used it seams or seam like
applications only. Great stuff.

But I've never known the rubber washers to herniate out from under the rivets
as you describe. Could the Vulkem volatiles be breaking down the rubber? I
believe it is polyethylene based.

Good luck and kudos for sticking to your aesthetic determination despite the
extra work.