[VAC] Re: loor repair

Hi everyone ,
   I`m sure this has been discussed before , however since some of you have
recently done it , maybe the techniques have been refined . I have drilled out
the thousand rivets and removed the inside panels and have gained access to
replace my rotted rear floor . The rot isnt as bad as some ,only 6 inches back
except on the streetside ,there its back 18 '',but not on edge under channel ..
My question is , would I be better off structurally to replace back to the first
seam  ( 4' ) or just replace the bad place and use a butt block underneath and
epoxy some glass over seam on top . If I do the whole 4 ' sheet , can I push it
in thru the outside ,after removing the trim strip and belly pan ?. Will the
skin sag if I take out all the floor back 4' , before I can get new piece in ?
It would give me more room to weld in new cross piece in rear , which needs it
and to paint top of frame further back . Rest of floor is good ,so I`m not up
for frame off . Like to have it done for next international !
   I also note the lack of quality in construction re : legged out bows , bows
which never reached floor , the upper floor channel is just cut to form bend -
in short the floor and skin is 99% of the structure . Will be posting some pics
somewhere soon for those of you who have never seen your stream from the inside
out . Not much left in mine now .
Thanks
Chris 63 flying cloud -