[VAC] Air Conditioner Question

Hi-

I've just about completed restoration of my 76 Tradewind 25' and have
encountered an air conditioning problem. It still has the original
Armstrong unit which seems to work fine, except: after running for an
hour or so, it trips the circuit breaker on the panel in the rear
bathroom closet. If I reset the breaker, it runs fine again. Any ideas?
If  I have to replace the unit, what brand/model would you recommend?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as its 100+ degrees here in Las
Vegas:)

Marvin Murray
mwm@earthlink.net