[VAC] Re: Weeping pressure relief valve?

Rick,
  I'm having a hard time picturing exactly how your P/R valve looks, but
it seems to me that it'd be obvious how it works once I got it apart.

Remember that this valve will seldom open (vent water) unless the
pressure regulator (bell-shaped thingy) fails or is mis-adjusted.
However, it's not at all uncommon for such items to begin leaking a bit
because of this little use.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's another reason for this P/R
valve: there's little to no air cushion in an RV water system UNLESS
you've added an accumulator. When your system is full and you light off
the water heater, the expansion can cause either that P/R to weep or the
one on the heater itself. (The Temperature/Pressure or T/P valve)
Another reason to add the little accumulator, IMO.

                        <<Jim>>