[VAC] Re: PAR Pumping but no flow

John,
  The PAR pump should prime by itself, but:

Open a faucet someplace while trying to get it to prime. This will let
the air out and allow the pump to work against 'no' backpressure. I
usually start the [dry] pump, then open a faucet to see if there's a
little squirt of air pressure. Close it for a bit and repeat. As long as
I hear that air escaping, I know the pump is working. It usually
requires just a couple of minutes  for water to start flowing at the
cold water faucets, but quite a bit longer for the water heater to fill.
I then open all faucets in turn to make sure that all the air is
expelled from the system.

Do check to see if you have a bypass valve that might be left open. And,
you daren't have even the slightest leak on the suction side of the pump
or it won't prime or will prime very slowly.

                                    <<Jim>>