[VAC] Re: Front Window Protector

Greetings Shawn!

Are you sure that you really want the front window cover?  There are a
number on the list including myself who have early 1960's trailers and do
not have the window protection cover.  If you are towing with a pickup or
other SUV type vehicle, there is a great side benefit to not having the
cover installed - - you can leave the front and rear drapes open in the
trailer (interior accordian doors as well) - - you now have a direct line of
site from your tow vehicles interior rear view mirror out the rear window of
your Airstream.  I have towed my '64 Overlander for the past 8 years without
problem, and find it very reassuring to know if (when) someone is tailgating
my trailer - - it is also a tremendous help when backing the trailer into a
tight spot for Freewheelers.

My trailer has never had a cover on the front window, and yes, it has been
broken three times that I know of. It has only been broken once in the past
8 years, and its replacement was Lexan which still looks new even though it
is now nearly 7 years old.  With the flat glass on the pre-Corning coaches,
I would consider my other options before jumping into the purchase of one of
the rock guards.

Good luck with your decision!