[VAC] Re: California Room Wanted!

Hi Bob,

I heve been off the list for a few days and I don't know if you have gotten
your answer to your California room yet. I was in Everett, Wa about 10 years
ago in a RV park and there was a gentlemen that had a room that was next to
his Airstream. It was an alumimum screen room that he had He modified
himself. The ends were molded to the curvature of his Airstream with a soft
rubber bulb seal on the curved sides and top of his structure. The rear had
about a 2ft high peice along the bottom which served as skirting and added
for strength. On the bottom he had a seal much like you see on garage doors
and wheels that would raised up and down with a foot peddle. They raised the
whole room up about 2 inches and then he simply moved it away from his
trailer when he went camping. When he returned he just moved it back against
his trailer and the bulb seal kept the rain out. The room was about 12ft
long and about 10ft wide. He had the whole thing attached with bolts and
wing-nut because he went to Ca during the Winter and he could take it with
him. It was really easy to move. This gentleman was in his late 60's to
early 70's and he moved it all by himself and even showed me how he did it
If you need more info or I can be of anymore hepl e-mail me off list.

George
66' Safari
George.C.Thomas@lmco.com