[VAC] Dometic Frig Questions

Hello all

The frig in my 1968 Caravel is acting up.

When I first fired it up, everything seemed fine...40 degrees in the frig, 18 degrees in the icebox. Further temperature reading has shown variations from 40 degrees to 54 degrees in the frig...but the icebox stays within the 18 degrees range. I've cleaned the burner orifice and the cooling unit.

And advice would be greatly appreciate. Here are a few questions for the gurus.

Could I need a new gasket, thermostat? Where can I get them?

What is the normal operating temperature?

How long should it take for the frig to achieve optimum temp?

Jeff