[VAC] Re: California Room Wanted!

Dear Chris & Matt,
    Did I read your thoughts or did you read mine.  I just finished taking a
shower . . . the place where I do my most serious thinking.  I looked up and
pondered whether I could cantilever the shed over the crest of the
Airstream.  Then I thought that it would inhibit use of all vents.  Maybe I
could just take them off and leave the fan and screen.

Then my mind turned to thoughts of airports since they were the only places
where I had ever seen docking on the curved side of a aluminum fuselage.  I
wondered to myself whether they ever sold old gates.  But I also recalled
that there were always gaping holes around the bottom of those gates. And
mostly they wouldn't take kindly to them at this park.

Somewhere between these ideas may lay the answer.  I look up at the old
track from my Zip Dee awning and imagine what it would be like in the rain.
Must be leak proof, so that track could be used to mount a fabric seal
horizontally.  That means a lot less overhang then having to go over the
crest of the trailer.

So all that is left, is how to make the turn sealing the curved sides and
attach whatever the material is to posts in the corners of my "California
Room". . . ugh!  Thanks for the inspiration.
Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA