[VAC] Re: Heads Down

Karen,
    What is your coach model and year?   At first sign of a leak, several
weeks ago, I shut off the water valve leading to the commode.  Since that
time I have been hand filling the head with water from a bucket.  Then the
output valve began slow leaking.  I followed the advice of VAC members and
use a tool to clear any foreign substance from the groove and the valve now
holds water.  Tried briefly to restore pressure to system and watched as
water trickled down from hoses in the top part of the unit.  Several VAC
members have shared their experience with a fix for these hose (and other
component) leaks.  BTW I don't believe that my floor has any extensive water
damage.  Plywood around head is solid.

I am printing out all the best information to help the HUD contractor make
the fix.  As some may recall I am on the verge of receiving a City of
Oceanside HUD grant which will repair this toilet and other things.  My
concern about the grant is that the contractor might find it easier to just
tear out the commode and replace. Research through the groups suggest that
no one has successfully replaced the stock toilet with a newer model without
altering the fiberglass molded bench / tub.  That is why I am going to such
lengths to aid the HUD contractor with information.  I just know that this
old head can be preserved!

I am a full timer and will be living in my Toyota short bed truck during the
contractor's work.  Boy am I glad it's summer :)

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari - Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA