[VAC] Re: Early 60s Bargman plug hook-up

Andy,

How long does it take for them to corrode? I'm wondering when I should start
looking for that problem. On one of my tow vehicles, the flat blade
connector is still working perfectly after 7 years.

Once a year I put a dab of dielectric grease on it (as I do on the Pollack
connectors in my other tow vehicles) and I always protect the connector with
an empty frozen OJ container (made out of plastic) when the flat blade
connector is not in the tow vehicle's connector.

I never hang my connector where sand can get up into it (like when it rains
and the weight of falling drops kick up sand).

Second question: When they age, what happens to them that requires cleaning
every time they are used? I'd like to be on the alert for age symptoms. So
far, all I do is wipe off excess dielectric grease on hot days.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net