[VAC] Refrigerator Repair

Dear Listers:
   I have removed the doors on my Royal Dometic to clean everything. I have
found the rubber gasket filled with rust and mildew. It is torn in places
and stiff in others. I want to remove the gasket but can not figure how it
is attached to the door. There are no screws under the gasket attaching it
to the door. I am afraid to force it off the door not seeing how to attach a
new one. Can someone less timid tell me what to expect before I tear
something up? Where should I buy the new one if I do figure out how to
attach it? Thanks
Hoyt Oliver
75 Land Yacht 25'