[VAC] 56 Airstream

Brad Norgaard:
Review of Photographs.
To answer your questions.
1.  The serial number is  # 6782  I don't know the
    Model name.
2.  The piece of metal that is welded to the bottom of

    the frame members that make the "Hitch Triangle"
    is about 1 1/4" thick in its entirety. (from front

    to back and from side to side. It covers the
    complete underside of the Hitch triangle.It is not
    channel iron. I think that it is the main body of
    the equalizer hitch.
3.  Yes you are likely right about the "tail wheels"
    being there to acomodate the large home made
    holding tank. At this time I have no idea the tank

    is for Grey or Black water. Was there a "Standard"

    holding tank for this trailer?
4.  Regarding the tears in the belly pan: They are
    along the frame members. The additional iron
    welded under the "Hitch Triangle" stops prior to
    the belly pan.  Where the two "formers" protrude
    thru the belly pan is no where near any
    modifications.
J O H N