[VAC] Re: Advice Please on Sealant after Polish

Beth,

As far as I know, P&S in Helena Ohio are the only ones that still clearcote
Airstreams after polishing. My trailer was polished and coated by them in
the early winter of 1999. So far no complaints. What is nice about the
clearcote is that the shine does not dull over time. It is not maintenance
free however. Regular washings - especially to remove bugs and a once or
twice a year application of Walbernize is recommended. It is really easy,
wipe on wipe off -- no rubbing.

Even with a frequent application of wax on a uncoated trailer you will not
stop the oxidation, a coating is needed to do that. I can relate to your not
wanting to tackle the task, I did not either. My 26 footer was nearly pure
white from oxidation. It looks much better now. It is not as shiney as the
non coated ones, but matches very well with the newer Airstreams. P&S's
number is 419-638-6261. As far as experience goes I have known of P&S for
about 15 years. At least for a time the Airstream factory sent their coating
work out to P&S. Perhaps you can give them a call and see if this is still
true.

Scott
1960 Overlander