[VAC] Aluminum skin

I am pleased to be the new owner of a 1962 Bambi. I have been following
this discussion group for quite a while and have a wealth of info that I
will now attempt to put into practice. My question today is what thickness
of alclad aluminum should I buy to replace the piece of the belly pan that
wraps up under the threshhold? This piece must bend around the frame to
form the "rocker panel" under the door. Because the rest of the belly pan
is in good shape I intend to cut it at the main frame member running front
to back and pop rivet through the new piece, the old piece and the frame in
that order. Short of going to a machine shop is there a good way to bend
the material to the appropriate curve? Anybody have any suggestions,
cautions, alerts etc. I should know of before proceeding? Because the floor
is already out in this area I can access the patch from the top if that
should suggest an approach I haven't thought of. I may also buy a piece of
aluminum for repairs to the exterior skin. Is this the same thickness as
the piece discussed above? Thanks.

Dick, '62 Bambi