[VAC] Re: Strange advice

I finished my '56, 16ft Bubble using the Rolite products. You can see
detail of my experience at my web site noted below. This polish job was
completed just over two years ago. It is still looking quite good
although I am going to repolish in a few weeks. I am going to experiment
with both Nuvite S grade and Rolite 300 to see which gives the most
satisfying finish. Plus I wil use a Cyclo polisher and the sweat shirt
method this time. I'll let you know what I think.

One of the reasons I suspect my polish has held up is the coat of
Rolite Premium CAr Polish and Selant I applied when finished. I was
immediately pleased with it as it toned down the very glaring mirror
finish just enough to take the garish look away. I suspect the
storage/climate conditions of a trailer is stpred can make a difference
in how well the polish holds up. I am out in southern New Mexico. It is
very dry, lot of hot son in summer months but not a lot of chemical
polution except dust during the windy spring, and very little rain. I
do store mine outside in my side yard and it is exposed to what ever we
have. I wash it just prior to each use and occasionally in between due
to tree sap or bird visitation etc.. Amounts to about 9 times a year.
Another factor that enters into considereation is the year and the type
of aluminum used on the trailer. The stuff in '56 had a pretty hard
finish (cladding I think they call it) and from what I have from this
list this decreased as newer and different specifications of aluminum
was used.

Lastly whoever said you shouldn't us AP300 is just wrong and if they had
a poor experience it was probably due to their polish techniques and
quipment.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610 VAC